Ambit of the personal data protection policy.
This personal data protection policy covers any data treatment that may be supplied to the IDIBGI in person or through interaction with our webpage.
Who is responsible for the treatment of your personal data?
In compliance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27th April 2016 regarding personal data protection, the DOCTOR JOSEP TRUETA GIRONA BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE PRIVATE FOUNDATION (IDIBGI) informs that the personal data that are received by us will be administered by the IDIBGI, C/ Doctor Castany, s/n Edifici M2, Parc Hospitalari Martí i Julià. 17190 Salt. NIF: G17432592. Email: fundació@idibgi.org.
Who is the Personal Data Protection Delegate?
The Personal Data Protection Delegate is the person responsible for protecting the basic right to the protection of personal data at the IDIBGI and is responsible for compliance with personal data protection regulations. You can contact the Personal Data Protection Delegate at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal data are recorded and with what purpose?
Here we set out the personal data that are recorded by the Biobanc and through this website, together with the purpose in each case.
Data regarding Biobanc:
- Data: Identifying information: DNI (national identify number)/NIF (tax number), name, surnames, address, date of birth. Other type of data: lifestyle habits. Sensitive data: genetic and health data.
- Purpose: Characterisation of the biological samples obtained for biomedical research that are to be included in the Biobank. The treatment is sanctioned by Law 14/2007, of 3rd July, regarding biomedical research, Royal Decree 1716/2011, of 18th November, which establishes the basic authorization and operation requirements for biobanks for biomedical research purposes and on the treatment of biological samples of human origin, and also regulates the operation and organization of the National Biobank Registry for biomedical research.
- Communications: Provided for by Law 14/2007, of 3rd July, regarding biomedical research, and Royal Decree 1716/2011, of 18th November, which establishes the basic authorization and operation requirements for biobanks for biomedical research purposes and on the treatment of biological samples of human origin, and also regulates the operation and organization of the National Biobank Registry for biomedical research.
Data recorded by the website (Contact section):
- Data: Name, surnames, entity or company, email and phone.
- Purpose: To manage your request.
- Communications: IDIBGI.
What do we use you personal data for?
Below we explain the legal basis by which we handle your personal data.
1- In fulfilment of a contractual relationship with the IDIBGI.
2- When you give us your consent.
3- As a result of the legitimate interest of the IDIBGI, to show you services and initiatives that may be of interest to you.
4- In fulfilment of legally imposed obligations.
We remind you that you can revoke your consent at any moment through the following email address: email@example.com.
How long will we keep your data for?
The IDIBGI keeps your Personal Data for the period that is necessary for the purpose for which they have been recorded. If the handling of the data is different to that indicated in this policy, it will be set out in the corresponding document.
Who do we communicate your data to?
IDIBGI will only cede your data to those services that are indicated and in cases permitted by the law.
Your personal data will not be transferred internationally.
IDIBGI guarantees the absolute confidentiality and privacy of your personal data and for this reason we have introduced the necessary security measures to avoid alteration, loss and unauthorised access, so ensuring their reliability and security.
What are your rights when you supply us with your personal data?
- Access: you will be able to consult the data administered by the IDIBGI.
- Rectification: you will be able to modify your personal data in the case that they are not correct.
- Elimination: you will be able to request the elimination of your personal data.
- Opposition: you will be able to request that your personal data not be used.
- Limitation to the use of the data: you can request that the use of your personal data be limited in the following cases: a) While a request for the rectification of erroneous personal data is being investigated, b) When the IDIBGI does not need to use your data but you need it to file or defend a complaint.
- Transferability: you will be able to receive the data that you have supplied to us electronically.
Channel of attention: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that we have not treated your personal data in accordance with the regulations, you can contact out Data Protection Delegate at email@example.com. Notwithstanding, you can also file a complaint with the Catalan Data Protection Authority (http://apdcat.gencat.cat).
To exercise your rights, you must present your national identity document or another document proving your identity along with your request.
The exercise of these rights is free of charge.