This legal notice regulates the access by the user of the website to the contents provided by the IDIBGI Biobank, whose ownership is from the Dr Josep Trueta Biomedical Research Institute of Girona (IDIBGI).
In compliance with the provisions of Article 10 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce (hereinafter LSSICE), we inform you that the holder of the biobancidibgi.org domain is the Dr Josep Trueta Biomedical Research Institute of Girona (IDIBGI) with Tax Identification Code B-55.206.916 and registered address at the Parc Hospitalari Martí i Julià, Dr. Castany s/n (Edifici M2) of Salt (Girona).
Intellectual and industrial property
The contents of biobancidibgi.org, be they texts, images, graphic design, source code, logos, trademarks, etc., are the exclusive property of IDIBGI Biobank and are protected by the regulations governing Intellectual and Industrial Property, and therefore the reproduction, modification, distribution or manipulation of the same is prohibited.
You agree not to remove, delete, alter, manipulate or modify any notes, legends, indications or symbols that the IDIBGI Biobank or the legitimate owners of the rights incorporate into their intellectual or industrial property properties (such as copyright, ©, ® and ™, etc.), technical protection or identification devices that may contain the contents (such as watermarks, fingerprints, etc.) and/or the access, display and, where appropriate, downloading the contents and/or services will always and in any case for strictly personal and non-commercial purposes.
The IDIBGI Biobank reserves all rights related to intellectual and industrial property over the elements of its website biobancidibgi.org, and does not grant any other license or authorisation to use its Property other than that expressly detailed in this clause.
Reserving of rights
The IDIBGI Biobank reserves the right to update, modify or delete information contained in biobancidibgi.org, its configuration, features or general conditions, at any time and without prior notice.
The IDIBGI Biobank does not guarantee that there will not be interruptions or errors in the access and/or use of biobancidibgi.org, nor will it assume any responsibility for technical problems or faults that may occur during the Internet connection. Nor does it guarantee the absence of viruses or other elements that may cause alterations in your computer system (software and hardware) or in the electronic documents and files stored in your computer system, so it excludes any liability for damages and losses that may occur in the computer system, electronic documents or files of users.
Limitation of liability
- On the information: The IDIBGI Biobank is not responsible for the truthfulness, accuracy, adequacy, suitability, and updating of the information provided through the biobancidibgi.org website. The contents are for general information, so the IDIBGI Biobank is not responsible for your decisions based on them, nor for any damages that occur based on the information obtained on this website.
- Quality of service: You also accept that you know and are aware of the existence of viruses and other malicious elements on the network, so you must have adequate tools to detect and remove such harmful computer programs, and the IDIBGI Biobank will not be considered to be liable for any damage to your computer equipment or third parties during access to biobancidibgi.org.
- On service availability: Access to biobancidibgi.org requires services and supplies from other information society service providers whose reliability, quality, continuity and performance are beyond the IDIBGI Biobank’s control. Consequently, the services provided may be suspended, cancelled or rendered inaccessible at any time. The IDIBGI Biobank will not be held responsible for damages of any kind caused by failures or disconnections in the telecommunications networks that lead to the suspension, cancellation or interruption of the web service while it is being provided or previously.
- Of the contents accessed on or through the website: this website allows access to links and other websites (hereinafter, “linked sites”). In these cases, the IDIBGI Biobank acts as a provider of intermediation services in accordance with the provisions of the LSSICE, so that it will only be responsible for the contents and services provided on the linked sites to the extent that it has effective knowledge of the illegality and has not acted with due diligence to remove such contents. If you consider that one of the linked sites includes illegal or inappropriate content, you can inform the IDIBGI Biobank, which will act diligently to remove the links as appropriate. The IDIBGI Biobank is not responsible for the contents and services offered in the linked sites, so it will not be held liable for any damage caused by their illegality, quality, outdated, unavailability, error or uselessness.
Licensing of links
Any third party link to biobancidibgi.org must be to your home page or initial page. All users who intend to establish a link must comply with the following conditions. Any other attempt to establish a link other than that stipulated in this clause shall require the prior written acceptance of the IDIBGI Biobank.
You may not reproduce, or imitate, in whole or in part, the content of biobancidibgi.org, or its graphic appearance (its look and feel), or frames or assemble links (links inline) of the pages of the IDIBGI Biobank. No browser, frame, environment or navigation bar will be created on the biobancidibgi.org website.
No false, inaccurate, incorrect or denigrating statements or assertions will be made about the biobancidibgi.org website or any of the properties of the IDIBGI Biobank and, in particular, it will not be stated or implied that the IDIBGI Biobank collaborates or is a collaborating partner and/or has in any way supervised or assumed in any way the contents or services offered or made available on the website to which the link is established.
The website in which the link is established shall not contain any trademark, trade name, establishment sign, name, logo, slogan or other distinctive signs belonging to the IDIBGI Biobank, except for those signs that form part of the same link or those other properties that have been previously licensed in writing by the IDIBGI Biobank. Likewise, the website on which the link is established shall not contain information or content that is illegal, immoral, or not in keeping with generally accepted social mores and public order.
The IDIBGI Biobank reserves the right to take appropriate legal action against anyone who violates the prohibitions included in this legal notice.
It is expressly prohibited:
- To use any of the services and/or the contents for any purpose or effect that is unlawful, prohibited by this legal notice, harmful to the rights and interests of third parties, or that may in any way damage, render useless, overload, deteriorate or impede the normal use of the Services, computer equipment or documents, files and all types of content stored on any computer equipment of the IDIBGI Biobank.
- Use contents and services that are protected by any intellectual or industrial property right belonging to the entity or to third parties, without having previously obtained the necessary authorisation from the owners to carry out the use that it makes or intends to make.
- Reproduce, copy, distribute, communicate, transform or modify the contents, unless the authorisation of the owner of the corresponding rights has been obtained or it is legally permitted.
- Include viruses or other physical or electronic elements that may damage or prevent the normal functioning of the network, system or computer equipment (hardware and software) of the IDIBGI Biobank or third parties or that may damage electronic documents and files stored on such computer equipment.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain the contents using means or procedures other than those which, depending on the case, have been made available to them for this purpose in general, and those which are normally used on the Internet for this purpose, provided that they do not entail a risk of damaging or rendering the website, the services and/or the contents useless.
This legal notice is governed in each and every one of its aspects by Spanish law.
For any dispute related to this website, Spanish legislation will be applicable, and the Courts and Tribunals of the city of Barcelona will be competent for this purpose.